Thursday, August 30, 2007

Epilogue CycleQuest-Midamerica

The days following the end of the first CycleQuest ride went by like a whirlwind! Re-entry back into the "real world" is always tough after you complete a meaningful event like this.

This was a long bike ride and the lasting and memorable effects to me are the wonderful comments from a whole multitude of people about how this event touched their lives. Hearing this makes me happy; cycling has always been, for me, a way to express myself, and this message is dear to my heart. This ride was in the beginning, a very grass roots effort to get the word out about the subtle symptoms of ovarian cancer. As we made our way East the ride and message gained momentum and support.

I am thankful for my family, friends and all of the people along the way who supported the first CycleQuest. Please stay tuned...as there is more to follow!

1 comment:

GoldThread said...

None of us can feel the awesomeness of the inagural CycleQuest ride....but we were GLUED to our computers and the Internet and searching non-stop for sites that had picked up the event. It was an incredibly 'bonding' event Brad. John kept us all so well informed and assisted with the connection, it was truly incredible! You had so many people connected from EVERY corner of the US! I was so impressed!! and PROUD!

: )