Sunday, July 15, 2012

CycleQuest Summer 2012 is About to Begin!

Upcoming Ride: On July 18th I will depart on a 17 day cycling effort that will start in the Sonoran desert, cross the southern and central Rockies, span the Great Plains and eventually, if all goes well, end in Hannibal, MO on the banks of the Mississippi River.

All in all The CycleQuest Tour for Ovarian Cancer awareness 2012 will touch seven states.

I am riding once again, to raise awareness of the signs and symptoms of ovarian cancer. Ovarian cancer presents with few symptoms and is often late stage when it is diagnosed. This cause is very personal for me and my family as the disease took the life away from my dear wife Susan.

Please share the signs and symptoms with your wives, daughters, mothers, aunts, grandmothers, sisters and friends. And be sure to check back as I will be updating this blog with stories from the road.

Here is roughly the first half of the route: Tempe-Payson-Show Low-Pie Town, NM-Socorro-north to ALB-Santa Fe-Taos-North to Alamosa, CO-Buena Vista-Breckenridge-Frisco-Loveland Pass-Idaho Springs-Nederland-Boulder.

More from on the road!

Brad

2 comments:

CindyDeeRella said...

A friend of mine must made me aware of what you are doing. I just wanted to tell you that I will be supporting you in prayer. I was diagnosed with ovarian cancer in January 2010 at the age of 44. I knew nothing about it before hand and do all I can to make others aware of the symptoms. I am so sorry the your wife lost her battle with this. I just pray that more and more women become aware so that one day, no one has to die from this silent killer. Blessings!

megan said...

get it brad!!!! i'll be thinking of you & sending lots of extra umpf to help ya up those hills!